This healthy SKIN APPROVED VEGAN Confetti Cookie Recipe is perfect for a summer special occasion!
Over the past weeks, these cookies have become my favorite summer cookie treat. I love how fun and easy they are to make. They are guiltless, soft in the middle and full of flavor with plenty of texture thanks to the clean ingredients. No need to worry about breakouts on your skin caused from gluten, dairy, and preservatives.
I also love adding the sunflower-seeds to help bring a great flavor and to bring a glowing touch to my skin. With their antifungal and antibacterial properties, the seeds prevent any infections, keeping our skin nice and clear. Sunflowers seeds help with the formation of collagen and elastin because they contain the presence of oleic and linoleic acids.
I really recommend pairing them with your favorite organic vegan ice cream or snack them with some healthy berries. This type of sugar rush is guiltless and a good treat that you will not regret. By using clean and organic ingredients, you can still have fun knowing that the ingredients will have a positive effect on your skin and general gut health. 😉
It is dairy-free, low in sugar, and can easily be made gluten-free with great results!
Here’s what you need:
Organic Gluten-Free Flour: I would highly recommend using Organic gluten-free brands or non-preservative ones. Gluten is a major factor and contributes to the cause of skin inflammation. By avoiding it, you can prevent acene breakouts, reduce eczema, and psoriasis breakouts.
Organic Cornstarch: To make sure the cookies stay tender.
Leaveners: Are known to be essential. The combination of baking powder and baking soda are key for these cookies.
Organic Vegan Butter: A very healthy alternative to regular butter. Try to opt for a brand that specialized for baking and is organic, soy free, gluten-free and made from a mix of coconut oil, cashew milk, or sunflower oil. Most ingredients in a clean plant-based butter are rich in Vitamin E which is known to reduce inflammation and is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
Organic Coconut sugar: Not only does this sugar taste like brown caramelized sugar, but it contains inulin, a prebiotic fiber that reduces sugar highs and keeps your gut happy. It also known to be a great low-glycemic sugar alternative.
Flax Egg: I usually use A flax egg made of organic non-dairy milk and organic ground flax seed keeps these cookies eggless. Not to mention, Flaxseeds can help with the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles on your skin because they contain lignans and antioxidants. They keep your skin moisturized and smooth due to the fatty acids that they contain.
Organic Vanilla Extract: Just an essential for flavor.
Organic Almond Extract: Just an essential for flavor.
Organic Vegan Sprinkles: There are very healthy options for vegan sprinkles out there, we recommend natural sprinkles without chemicals. Try for a brand is a is soy free, gluten free and has no artificial dyes or ingredients.
Organic Almond Milk: Please know that any organic dairy free milk will work. This milk is low in fat and calories and is known to be a great source of Vitamin D and E which are beneficial for your skin.
Organic Sunflower Seeds: A great add for taste and skin health! Sunflower seeds are so tasty and can prevent premature aging, reduce acne and inflammation, and keep our skin glowing.
Organic Vegan White-Chocolate Chips: I use Organic Vegan White Chocolate Chips to add a little extra fun!
· 3 cups of Organic All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
· 1 tablespoon of Organic Cornstarch
· 1 tablespoon of Organic Baking Powder
· 1 teaspoon of Organic Baking Soda
· 1 teaspoon of Kosher Sea Salt
· 2 TBSP of Organic Flax Meal or Ground Flaxseed
· 3 TBSP of Water
· 1 1/3 cups of Organic & Vegan cultured butter. I recommend using the sticks for baking.
· 1 2/3 cups of Organic Coconut Sugar
· 1 teaspoon of Organic Vanilla Extract
· 1 teaspoon of Organic Almond Extract
· 7 tablespoons of Organic Almond Milk
· 1 cup of Organic Vegan White Chocolate chips
· ⅓ cup of Organic Rainbow Sprinkles
· ¼ cup of Organic Sunflower Seeds
1. Pre-heat oven 350F. Set aside your baking sheet and parchment paper.
2. Using a small bowl, combine the organic flax seed and organic almond milk. Make sure to stir it and set it aside.
3. In a big bowl, or kitchen aid bowl cream the organic vegan cultured butter and sugar until well combined and fluffy with a stand-up mixer or hand mixer on low to medium power. Add in and mix the vanilla and organic almond extracts.
4. Add the flax mixture into the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
5. In a dry bowl add the gluten-free flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients together equally with a spoon or whisk.
6. Little by little ½ cup at a time add the dry mix into the wet ingredient bowl and mix gradually from low to medium speed until the dough is just forming.
7. Next, add the vegan sprinkles, vegan white chocolate chips, sunflower seeds and stir with a large spoon until evenly distributed.
8. Chill dough for 10 -15 minutes in the fridge and then pull it out.
9. Using a sprayed cookie scoop or a sprayed ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop mounds of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
10. With the palms of your hands, roll the cookie dough into balls between the palms of your hands.
11. With saran wrap, wrap the tray tightly and chill the dough balls in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
12. Place dough balls onto a parchment lined baking or cookie sheet leaving at least 2 ½ inches of space between each cookie.
13. Press the dough balls down slightly.
14. Place the baking or cookie sheet in oven and bake for 19-21 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to get nice golden.
15. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.