Our minds, bodies and souls are completely connected, that’s why it’s essential for our health and overall well-being that we take care of ourselves on a physical, mental, and emotional level. Practicing yoga is one of the best ways to find that body and mind connection, which positively influences your chakras by lending more awareness to your body in order to heal the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects. As a matter of fact, it’s considered one of the best chakra healing tools. Each pose helps with blood circulation and helps remove toxins from the body, which in turn gives us a healthier glow and clearer skin.
We have seven main chakras known as energetic centers that run from the top of your head down to the tailbone. Each chakra is responsible for a system in our bodies and plays a major role in our physical, emotional, and mental health. If any or all chakras are blocked, we may experience negative physical, emotional, and mental symptoms or disease in those areas. When the chakras are aligned, we experience harmony, happiness, and a healthy flow of energy throughout our bodies.
Here are the 7 Chakras and what they represent:
- Muladhara (the Root Chakra), Brings a sense of safety security and grounding.
- Svadhisthana(the Sacral Chakra), Involves creative expression, emotions and sexuality
- Manipura (the Solar Plexus Chakra), Is responsible for self-esteem and confidence.
- Anahata (the Heart Chakra), Also known as the home of unconditional love, governs people, self-love and health.
- Vishuddha (the Throat Chakra), Governs all self-expression, communication and speaking the truth.
- Ajna(the Third-Eye Chakra), Known as the seat of intuition that also regulates your serotonin levels.
- Sahasrara (the Crown Chakra). Is known as the Universal and Spiritual consciousness, controls your connection to the spirit.
Now that you know more about the chakras and what they represent, I can show you seven yoga poses I use for each chakra that can activate and balance you. Make sure to take deep breaths and enjoy yourself while you heal in peace. I highly recommend doing this outside in nature, either in a quiet place or while listening to meditation music.1. For the Root Chakra: Tree Pose
2. Sacral Chkra: Forward bend
3. Solar Plexus: Crecent Pose
4. Heart Chakra: Standing Backbend
5. Throat Chakra: Cat Pose
6. For 3rd Eye or Ajna: Extended Child
7. Crown Chakra: Lotus Pose